Job Title: Aquatic/Fisheries Biologist
Number of Positions Available: 1
Job Locations: Kelowna, BC
Looking to live and work in the sunny Okanagan Valley while doing what you love at an emerging and dynamic consulting firm? Ecora Engineering & Resource Group Ltd. (Ecora) is seeking an Aquatic/Fisheries Biologist to join their expanding Environmental Sciences group in the BC Interior based in the Kelowna office. This is a permanent, full-time position with competitive remuneration and company-paid benefits, including participation in a profit sharing incentive plan. The option of part-time employment would also be considered for a suitably experienced individual.
Ecora is a British Columbia employee-owned civil, structural, geotechnical, natural resource, and environmental consulting company that is committed to creating and delivering quality products to our valued clients. Ecora’s team has extensive experience delivering a range of ecological inventories and assessments, preparing environmental and sustainable resource management plans, conducting third party reviews of development applications and developing comprehensive assessments of environmental effects. Ecora provides consulting services to provincial government, municipalities, First Nation communities, resource industry companies, architects, developers, and contracting firms throughout British Columbia.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills:
- Professional Designation in B.C.
- A minimum of five years of aquatic science experience preferably including direct experience in the fields of limnology, hydrology, and fisheries biology
- Experience in the design and implementation of water quality monitoring plans and watershed level assessments
- The ability to manage multiple projects and work independently under minimal supervision
- Possess a strong work ethic with the desire to excel and achieve
- Have excellent written and communication skills
- Possess a valid driver’s license
Other Desirable Skills:
- Experience working with a diverse client base including government, industry, and First Nations
- Experience with development and environment related municipal, provincial and federal legislation
- Knowledge of environmental regulations/permitting and monitoring
- Experience with environmental impact assessment and permit applications
- Experience with the provincial environmental assessment certification process
- Deliver exceptional products to clients on time and on budget
- Conduct effective project management including managing teams with diverse backgrounds
- Work as part of a team either as a team leader or under the direct supervision of a project manager
- Represent Ecora in a mature and responsible manner
- Work in both office and remote field settings
Please apply via email with a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with subject “Aquatic/Fisheries Biologist Position”. Position will remain open until filled. Thank you for your interest in Ecora Engineering & Resource Group Ltd. Only qualified candidates currently residing in Canada will be considered for this position and only those short listed will be contacted for an interview.