Job Title: Inventory Forester
Job Location: Western Canada
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Ecora Engineering & Resource Group Ltd is a multi-disciplined engineering, environmental and forestry consulting company located in British Columbia’s Central Interior and the Okanagan. Our team of specialists is supported by a wide network of associates that enable Ecora to deliver a full suite of services. Ecora is built around its core values of commitment to our staff, our clients, our community and our environment.
Ecora is continuing to expand our Resource Inventory services in both Canadian and international markets, and is currently seeking experienced air photo interpreters who will report to the team lead in Prince George, BC. This is a permanent, full-time position with competitive remuneration and benefits package. This is an opportunity to grow with an established, dynamic company in a great team environment.
As an integral member of our Resource Inventory team, you will be responsible for assisting inventory staff complete all aspects of forest inventory projects throughout the province of British Columbia and other regions.
The position includes work in both field and office environments. The field activities involve field calibration sample planning, establishment and reporting. The office activities include project planning, and photo interpretation and delineation to appropriate provincial inventory and company standards. Both work environments require compliance with our comprehensive occupational health and safety program, producing quality work on budget and on time, communicating effectively, and working collaboratively with fellow staff and clients. The position will include periodic travel to Prince George if the position is filled elsewhere.
Additionally, the successful candidate will possess the following:
- BC VRI air photo interpretation certificate in good standing
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license (or equivalent) and clean driving record
- Legally eligible to work in Canada
- The ability to view images in stereo / 3-dimensions and in colour is mandatory
- Proficient in computer use, with excellent oral and written communication skills
- A minimum of 3 years’ work experience in forest inventory, using digital imagery
Other Desirable Skills:
- Familiarity with British Columbia’s Biogeoclimatic Ecosystem Classification (BEC)
- Registration with a professional association (e.g. ABCFP) is preferred but not required
- Experience with Python and SQL programming languages
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply by e-mailing a cover letter, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 2 PM Pacific on December 11, 2017. Resumes without references will not be considered. Thank you for your interest in Ecora Engineering & Resource Group Ltd. Only qualified applicants short listed for the position will be contacted for an interview.