Job Title: Data Base Administrator
Number of Positions Available: 1
Job Location: Kelowna, BC
Ecora is a British Columbia employee-owned engineering, environmental and forestry professional service firm. Ecora is committed to creating and delivering quality products to our valued clients. Our team has extensive experience in providing a wide range of consulting services to clients including first nation communities, provincial government, municipalities, architects, developers, and contracting firms around the world. Our team of specialists is supported by a wide network of associates that enable Ecora to deliver a full suite of services throughout western Canada and around the world.
Ecora is built around its core values of commitment to our staff, our relationships, our community and our environment.
Ecora is looking for an experienced Data Base Administrator to join our diverse team. Ecora currently has offices in Kelowna, Penticton, Prince George, Vancouver, Chilliwack and Fort St. John. Our preference is to have this position based in our Kelowna office, however the right candidate could be located anywhere
This is a permanent, full-time position with competitive remuneration, including participation in a profit sharing incentive plan. This is an opportunity to grow with an emerging dynamic company.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 5+ years professional experience or internship
- Advanced knowledge of database structure and theory
- Proficient in both Oracle and SQL Server, including data base tuning, creating stored procedures, Functions and Views
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and assistance
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem solving and good analytical skills
- Business awareness and understanding of business requirements of IT
- Ability to monitor and maintain system health and security
- Preform customizations
- Preform customizations
- Knowledge of Forestry and other Natural Resource sectors
- Ability to travel internationally (max 5 days a month)
- Familiarity with ArcGIS and ArcServer (sde)
- Familiarity with Crystal Reports
How To Apply:
Please apply via email with a cover letter and resume to email@example.com on or before July 30th, 2018. Thank you for your interest in Ecora. Only qualified candidate’s currently residing in Canada or the USA will be considered for this position and only those short listed will be contacted for an interview.