Job Title: Geotechnical Engineer
Number of Positions Available: 1
Job Location: Penticton, BC
Looking to live and work in the sunny Okanagan Valley while doing what you love at an emerging and dynamic consulting firm? Ecora is seeking a Geotechnical Engineer to join their expanding Geotechnical Group in the Southern BC Interior based in our Penticton office.
Ecora’s Geotechnical Engineering Group has extensive experience in providing geotechnical services in support of infrastructure projects, commercial structures, dam engineering and residential subdivision construction and is providing consulting services to provincial government including the BC Ministry of Infrastructure and Transportation and BC Ministry of Forests, Lands & Natural Resource Operations, municipalities, First Nation communities, architects, developers, and contracting firms throughout the British Columbia interior. Ecora’s Geotechnical Engineering Group is supported by a CCIL certified materials testing laboratory.
The successful candidate’s duties will include conducting foundation investigations for residential, commercial and infrastructure developments. Participating in, slope stability, rock fall and geohazard assessments, shallow and deep foundation design, pavement assessments, preparing technical letters and reports and undertaking field reviews during construction. A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in civil or geological engineering with at least 2years related work experience is required, with preference given to candidates with previous experience in mountainous terrain. Must be registered, or be eligible to register as a Professional Engineer in BC. Travel throughout British Columbia may be required in this position.
This is a permanent, full-time position with competitive remuneration and company-paid benefits, including participation in a profit sharing incentive plan. This is an opportunity to grow with an emerging dynamic company.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills:
- Have a Class 5 driver’s license and clean driving record
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Previous project management experience
- The ability to manage multiple projects and work independently under minimal supervision
- Strong work ethic with the desire to excel and achieve
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
Other Desirable Skills:
- Previous experience conducting site investigations and field geological mapping
- Previous materials testing and construction experience
- Previous experience with industry standard Geotechnical software such as gINT, L-Pile, Rocscience Dips, RocFall, Settle 3D, Slide
- Previous experience designing segmental retaining walls.
Please apply via email with a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before September 28th, 2018. Thank you for your interest in Ecora Engineering & Resource Group Ltd. Only qualified candidate’s currently residing in Canada will be considered for this position and only those short listed will be contacted for an interview.