Job Title: Hydrotechnical Engineer
Number of Positions Available: 1
Job Location: Kelowna, BC
Looking to live and work in the sunny Okanagan Valley while doing what you love at an emerging and dynamic consulting firm? Due to a growing workload in dam engineering, floodplain assessments and design of flood protection works, Ecora Engineering & Resource Group Ltd. is seeking a Hydrotechnical Engineer to join their Engineering Group in the Southern BC Interior based in our Kelowna office.
Ecora’s Engineering Group has extensive experience in providing engineering services in support of infrastructure projects, commercial structures, dam engineering and residential subdivision construction and is providing consulting services to provincial and federal government agencies, municipalities, first nation communities, architects, developers, and contracting firms throughout the British Columbia interior.
The successful candidate’s duties will include participating in undertaking dam safety reviews, design of hydraulic structures, hydrology and numerical flow modelling, floodplain assessments and mapping, design of sedimentation/detention ponds, channel stabilization and erosion protection works. A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in civil or water resource engineering with at least 7 years related work experience is required. Must be registered or be eligible to register as a Professional Engineer in BC. Travel throughout British Columbia may be required in this position.
This is a permanent, full-time position with competitive remuneration, professional development opportunities and company-paid benefits, including participation in a profit sharing incentive plan and potential for share holding. This is an opportunity to grow with an emerging dynamic company.
Additionally, the successful candidate will possess the following skills:
- Technical knowledge and experience in hydrologic and hydraulic modeling and calculations
- Knowledge of standard computer hydrologic and hydraulic modeling software packages such as SWIMM, HYFRANS, HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, HY-7, FLO-2D
- Have a Class 5 driver’s license and clean driving record
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Previous project management experience
- The ability to manage multiple projects and work independently under minimal supervision
- Strong work ethic with the desire to excel and achieve
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
Other Desirable Skills:
- Familiarity with environmental permitting, legislation and regulations including the Riparian Area Regulation and the Water Sustainability Act
- Experience with taking projects from proposal stage through conceptual design, detailed design, and construction
- Knowledge of the Canadian Highway Bridge Design Code
- Knowledge of Canadian Dam Safety Guidelines, Associated Technical Bulletins and the BC Dam Safety Regulations
- Business development skills
How To Apply:
Please apply via email with a cover letter and resume to email@example.com on or before May 25th, 2018. Thank you for your interest in Ecora Engineering & Resource Group Ltd. Only qualified candidate’s currently residing in Canada will be considered for this position and only those short listed will be contacted for an interview.