Job Title: GIS Specialist
Number of Positions Available: 1
Job Location: Kelowna, BC
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Ecora Engineering & Resource Group Ltd. (Ecora) has a rewarding career opportunity in the sunny Okanagan Valley for a GIS Specialist. Ecora is a British Columbia employee-owned civil, structural, geotechnical, natural resource, and environmental consulting company that is committed to creating and delivering quality products to our valued clients. Our team of specialists is supported by a wide network of associates that enable Ecora to deliver a full suite of services throughout western Canada and around the world. Ecora is built around its core values of commitment to our staff, our clients, our community and our environment.
This is a permanent, full-time entry level position with competitive remuneration and company-paid benefits. This is an opportunity to grow with an emerging dynamic company. We offer a competitive benefits package and a great team environment.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills:
- A GIS Technical Diploma and experience with ArcGIS,
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python, AML, Visual Basic,
- Strong cartography skills,
- ArcGIS for Server administration or other web mapping experience,
- Experience creating, maintaining and administrating databases,
- Excellent oral and written communication skills,
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills (verbal and written), and
- Strong sense of urgency and self-initiative to meet client deadlines.
Other Desirable Skills:
- Experience interfacing with clients and authorities,
- Progressive work experience in the GIS industry is considered a strong asset,
- Experience in natural resources or forestry is a benefit,
- GPS and the development of data capture methods and techniques using mobile devices,
- Remote sensing,
- Project management skills, and
- Secondary language skills (Spanish and / or Portuguese)
Please apply via email with a cover letter and resume to email@example.com on or before August 11, 2017. Thank you for your interest in Ecora Engineering & Resource Group Ltd. Only qualified candidate’s currently residing in Canada will be considered for this position and only those short listed will be contacted for an interview.