Job Title: Senior Biologist
Number of Positions Available: 1
Job Location: Kelowna, BC
Ecora Engineering & Resource Group Ltd. (Ecora) seeks a Senior Biologist to join our growing Environmental Sciences team in Kelowna, B.C. A multi-disciplined engineering and natural resource consultancy with main offices in Kelowna, Penticton and Prince George, Ecora is built around core values of commitment to our staff, our clients, our community and our environment. The successful candidate will be a motivated self-starter with the ability to work positively in a team environment and deliver assigned tasks with professionalism and innovation. This is a permanent, full-time position with industry competitive remuneration and benefits. This position is an opportunity to grow with an emerging and dynamic company in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
The successful proponent will be responsible for:
• Delivering a range of terrestrial and aquatic services for municipal development applications;
• Preparing environmental impact assessments and detailed mitigations for terrestrial ecosystems and wildlife;
• Developing project reports and permit applications;
• Providing senior review of environmental reports, both internal and external;
• Providing environmental support for Ecora’s Civil, Structural and Geotechnical Engineers; and
• Participating in ecosystem mapping and a diversity of terrestrial ecological research projects, some of which will include out of town fieldwork.
• Status as a Registered Professional Biologist (RPBio) in B.C.;
• Considered a Qualified Environmental Professional (QEP) in the Okanagan;
• Excellent writing skills;
• Senior level knowledge of municipal regulatory requirements and the applicable provincial and federal legislation for environmental assessments;
• Senior level plant, wildlife, soils, and ecosystem identification skills;
• Diversity of fieldwork experience, including in remote environments; and
• Must be able to represent Ecora to clients in a mature and professional manner.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply by e-mailing a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 31, 2016. Thank you for your interest in Ecora Engineering Resource Group Ltd. Only qualified individuals being considered will be contacted for an interview.