Job Title: Mechanical Engineer
Number of Positions Available: 1
Job Location: Kelowna & Penticton, BC
Looking to live and work in the sunny Okanagan Valley while doing what you love at an emerging and dynamic consulting firm? Due to a growing workload in dam engineering, flood plan assessments and design of flood protection works, Ecora is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join their Engineering Group in the Southern BC Interior based in our Kelowna or Penticton offices.
Ecora’s Engineering Group has extensive experience in providing engineering services in support of infrastructure projects, commercial structures and residential subdivision construction and is providing consulting services to provincial and federal government agencies, municipalities, first nation communities, architects, developers, and contracting firms throughout the British Columbia interior.
The successful candidate’s duties will include the preparation of design deliverables (drawings, specs, estimates, schedules, reports, etc.) for commercial HVAC, plumbing, piping, pump stations, high and low pressuring piping systems, gates and valves. A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering with at least 7 years related work experience is required. Must be registered, or be eligible to register, as a Professional Engineer in BC. Travel throughout British Columbia may be required in this position.
This is a permanent, full-time position with competitive remuneration, including participation in a profit-sharing incentive plan and potential for share holding. This is an opportunity to grow with an emerging dynamic company.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills:
- Technical knowledge and experience in mechanical engineering relating to building design and municipal infrastructure.
- Understand local, provincial and national codes, regulations and guidelines affecting design and construction,including the BC building Code, NBC, Fire codes, and the ASHRAE standards.
- Have a Class 5 driver’s license and clean driving record
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Previous project management experience
- The ability to manage multiple projects and work independently under minimal supervision
- Strong work ethic with the desire to excel and achieve
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
Other Desirable Skills:
- Knowledge of the Civil3D, REVIT, Solid Works, ACAD
- Knowledge of Canadian Dam Safety Guidelines, Associated Technical Bulletins and the BC Dam Safety Regulations
- Knowledge of Excel spreadsheets, load calculation programs and energy simulation programs
Please apply via email with a cover letter and resume to email@example.com on or before September 28, 2018. Thank you for your interest in Ecora Engineering & Resource Group Ltd. Only qualified candidates currently residing in Canada will be considered for this position and only those short listed will be contacted for an interview.