Job Title: Senior Landscape Ecologist
Number of Positions Available: 1
Job Locations: Kelowna, BC
Looking to live and work in the sunny Okanagan Valley while doing what you love at an emerging and dynamic consulting firm? Ecora Engineering & Resource Group Ltd. (Ecora) is seeking a Landscape Ecologist to join their expanding Environmental Sciences group in the BC Interior based in the Kelowna office. This is a permanent, full-time position with competitive remuneration and company-paid benefits, including participation in a profit sharing incentive plan. The option of part-time employment would also be considered for a suitably experienced individual.
Ecora is a British Columbia employee-owned civil, structural, geotechnical, natural resource, and environmental consulting company that is committed to creating and delivering quality products to our valued clients. Ecora’s team has extensive experience delivering a range of ecological inventories and assessments, preparing environmental and sustainable resource management plans, conducting third party reviews of development applications and developing comprehensive assessments of environmental effects. Ecora provides consulting services to provincial governments, municipalities, the resource industry, First Nation communities, architects, developers, and contracting firms throughout British Columbia.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills:
- Professional Designation
- A minimum of ten years of landscape level planning experience
- Experience facilitating/managing multi-stakeholder groups
- Experience in sustainable resource management planning
- Developing and implementing sustainable land use planning strategies
Other Desirable Skills:
- Experience working with a diverse client base including government, industry, and First Nations
- Experience leading environmental assessments/conducting baseline mapping and inventories
- Providing expert advice in landscape ecology issues
- Experience participating in and presenting at key technical working groups
- Manage multiple projects and work independently under minimal supervision
- Conduct effective project management including managing teams with diverse backgrounds
- Work as part of a team either as a team leader or under the direct supervision of a project manager
- Represent Ecora in a mature and responsible manner
- Available to travel regularly
Please apply via email with a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with subject “Landscape Ecologist Position”. Position will remain open until filled. Thank you for your interest in Ecora Engineering & Resource Group Ltd. Only qualified candidates currently residing in Canada will be considered for this position and only those short listed will be contacted for an interview.