Job Title: Senior Project Manager and Estimator
Number of Positions Available: 1
Job Location: Kelowna, BC
Ecora is a British Columbia employee-owned engineering, environmental and forestry professional service firm. Ecora is committed to creating and delivering quality products to our valued clients. Our team has extensive experience in providing a wide range of consulting services to clients including first nation communities, provincial government, municipalities, architects, developers, and contracting firms throughout the British Columbia interior. Our team of specialists is supported by a wide network of associates that enable Ecora to deliver a full suite of services throughout western Canada and around the world. Ecora is built around its core values of commitment to our staff, our relationships, our community and our environment.
Ecora is looking for a Senior Project Manager and Estimator to join Ecora’s Development team from the Kelowna office.
This is a permanent, full-time position with competitive remuneration, including participation in a profit sharing incentive plan. This is an opportunity to grow with an emerging dynamic company.
- Maintain estimates and accuracy of estimating data;
- Prepare construction only estimates and material take-offs for projects that support all supply/install RFP & RFQ responses;
- Manage projects supply / install projects quoted over $1.0m and maintain accurate project scope control;
- Request cost quotations from internal design, material and construction resources;
- Liaise with customers to negotiate and define project scopes and schedules. Be single point of contact with clients for supply and build;
- Verify project production progress and completion to support customer invoicing;
- Verify receipt of project goods purchased, or services procured, to support payment of supplier invoices;
- Prepare and execute customer and vendor contracts, authorize production of customer invoices and payment of supplier expenses, for the projects you sell and manage within the company signing authority policy. Escalate documents to necessary authorization levels, with recommendation for management to approve, where appropriate;
- Define scope and costs and market value of change orders, as required by projects. Negotiate change order acceptance with customers and suppliers;
- Manage customer and vendor contracted cost and project scheduling commitments;
- Effectively communicate with all project stakeholders on an ongoing basis;
- Support and assist construction supervisors in their day to day activities and tasks such as billing, as built documentation and drawings, project and contract management as time permits;
- Create and maintain accurate project revenue and expense budgets and schedules, including change order values, on a timely basis in company systems;
- Verify accuracy of monthly Work in Progress (WIP) financial reporting of the projects you sell and manage
The Eligible Candidate Must:
- Minimum 3 years post-secondary education;
- Minimum 10 years experience managing construction project estimating and project management
Other Desirable Skills:
- Estimating, design, strong computer skills and ability to learn new applications efficiently;
- Detail driven, adaptable, excellent time management skills, problem solving and planning skills;
- Strong skills in written and verbal communication – ability to multi-task.
- Quantity Surveyor expertise
How To Apply:
Please apply via email with a cover letter and resume to email@example.com on or before July 30th, 2018. Thank you for your interest in Ecora. Only qualified candidate’s currently residing in Canada will be considered for this position and only those short listed will be contacted for an interview.