Job Title: GIS Specialist
Number of Positions Available: 1
Job Location: Kelowna, BC
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Ecora Engineering & Resource Group Ltd. is a British Columbia employee-owned engineering, environmental and forestry professional service firm. Ecora is committed to creating and delivering quality products to our valued clients. Our team has extensive experience in providing a wide range of consulting services to clients including first nation communities, provincial government, municipalities, architects, developers, and contracting firms throughout the British Columbia interior. Our team of specialists is supported by a wide network of associates that enable Ecora to deliver a full suite of services throughout western Canada and around the world. Ecora is built around its core values of commitment to our staff, our relationships, our community and our environment.
Ecora has a rewarding career opportunity available in the sunny Okanagan Valley for a GIS Specialist.
This is a permanent, full-time entry level position with competitive remuneration and company-paid benefits, including participation in a profit sharing incentive plan and potential for share holding. This is an opportunity to grow with an emerging dynamic company.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills:
- A GIS Technical Diploma and experience with ArcGIS,
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python, SQL, AML, Visual Basic,
- Strong cartography skills,
- ArcGIS for Server administration or other web mapping experience,
- Experience creating, maintaining and administrating databases,
- Excellent oral and written communication skills,
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills (verbal and written), and
- Strong sense of urgency and self-initiative to meet client deadlines.
Other Desirable Skills:
- Experience interfacing with clients and authorities,
- Progressive work experience in the GIS industry is considered a strong asset,
- Experience in natural resources or forestry is a benefit,
- GPS and the development of data capture methods and techniques using mobile devices,
- Remote sensing,
- Raster Processing
- Project management skills, and
- Secondary language skills (Spanish and / or Portuguese)
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with a highly competitive annual salary plus benefits including:
- Extended health and dental benefits
- LTD insurance
- Opportunity for advancement year on year
- Profit sharing opportunities
- Employee share options
- 2 weeks vacation to start (negotiable based on experience)
- Travel expenses
- Opportunities for growth
- Opportunities for paid training (role dependent)
- Seasonal parties including a Christmas party and summer BBQ’s
And that’s not all! Upon joining Ecora, you will be welcomed into a close-knit and cohesive organization that is akin to family. With a range of social events and a yearly golf tournament, there is something for everyone to enjoy!
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply via email with a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your interest in Ecora Engineering & Resource Group Ltd. Only qualified candidate’s will be considered for this position and only those short listed will be contacted for an interview.