Job Title: Intermediate Environmental Scientist
Number of Positions Available: 1
Job Location: Fort St John, BC
Ecora is an employee-owned engineering, environmental and forestry professional service firm. Ecora is committed to creating and delivering quality products to our valued clients. Our team has extensive experience in providing a wide range of consulting services to clients including first nation communities, provincial government, municipalities, architects, developers, and contracting firms. Our team of specialists is supported by a wide network of associates that enable Ecora to deliver a full suite of services throughout western Canada and around the world. Ecora is built around its core values of commitment to our staff, our relationships, our community and our environment.
Ecora is seeking an Intermediate Environmental Scientist to join their expanding Environmental Sciences group in Northeast BC, based in the Fort St. John office.
This is a permanent, full-time position with competitive remuneration, including participation in a profit-sharing incentive plan. This is an opportunity to grow with an emerging dynamic company.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills:
- A minimum of five years of working experience in biological sciences and environmental/resource management
- Experience working in the field in the backcountry and remote environments conducting data collection
- Experience conducting biophysical surveys, environmental assessments, environmental permitting and construction monitoring
- Attention to detail with meticulous data collection ability and exceptional reporting skills
- Possess a strong work ethic with the desire to excel and achieve
- Possess a valid driver’s license
Other Desirable Skills:
- Professional Designation (RPBio, PAg, RPF) or working towards
- Knowledge of relevant Federal and Provincial regulations and standards
- Experience working with a diverse client base including government, industry, and First Nations
- Project management experience including proposal and report writing, client liaising, and budget management
- Experience in the Oil & Gas, Mining, Wind Energy or other resources sectors
- Assist with a variety of field and office-based natural resource projects,
- Work as part of a team either as a team leader or under the direct supervision of a project manager
- Represent Ecora in a mature and responsible manner
- Available to travel regularly and for extended periods of time
Please apply via email with a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “Intermediate Biologist”, on or before September 10, 2018. Thank you for your interest in Ecora Engineering & Resource Group Ltd. Only qualified candidates currently residing in Canada will be considered for this position and only those short listed will be contacted for an interview.