Ecora Engineering & Resource Group
Ecora is seeking a Civil Engineer to join their expanding Civil Engineering Group based in either our Kelowna or Penticton office.
The successful candidate’s duties will include: design of residential subdivisions, design and contract administration for municipal infrastructure improvement projects primarily with a focus on water infrastructure, preparation of engineering studies and reports, manage projects, liaise with clients and inter-company personnel, and mentor junior staff. A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering with at least 5 years related work experience is required. Must be registered, or be eligible to register, as a Professional Engineer in BC. Travel throughout British Columbia may be required in this position.
This is a permanent, full-time position with competitive remuneration and company-paid benefits, including participation in a profit-sharing incentive plan. This is an opportunity to grow with an emerging dynamic company.
Additionally, the successful candidate will possess the following skills:
- Previous project management experience
- The ability to manage multiple projects and work independently under minimal supervision
- Strong work ethic with the desire to excel and achieve
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Have a Class 5 driver’s license and clean driving record
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
Other Desirable Skills:
- Knowledge and experience in hydrologic and hydraulic modeling and calculations
- Knowledge of standard computer modeling software packages such as AutoCAD Civil 3D, EPANET, Water CAD & SWMM
- Experience preparing stormwater management plans (ISMPs), master drainage plans (MDP), site stormwater management plans, and watershed plans
- Experience with water & wastewater treatment processes, piping systems, and pumping systems.
- Experience with taking projects from proposal stage through conceptual design, detailed design, and construction
- Experience with land use planning, rezoning applications and OCP amendments
- Familiarity with environmental permitting, legislation and regulations including the Riparian Area Regulation and the Water Sustainability Act
- Strong technical writing skills for design reports and proposals
- Project management experience to ensure schedules, budgets, and quality control standards are met
- Business development skills
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with a highly competitive annual salary plus benefits including:
- Extended health and dental benefits
- LTD insurance
- Profit sharing opportunities
- Reimbursement of applicable professional membership dues
- Employee share options
- Opportunities for paid training (role dependent)
And that’s not all! Upon joining Ecora, you will be welcomed into a close-knit and cohesive organization that is akin to family, with a range of social events.
Ecora Engineering & Resource Group Ltd. (Ecora) is a British Columbia employee-owned civil, geotechnical, and structural engineering, natural resource and environmental consulting company that is committed to creating and delivering quality products to our valued clients. Ecora’s team has extensive experience in municipal infrastructure design, road works, geotechnical and structural engineering, providing consulting services to provincial government, municipalities, first nation communities, architects, developers, and contracting firms throughout the British Columbia interior.