Ecora is continuing to expand our Resource Inventory services in both Canadian and international markets and is currently seeking resource inventory staff who will report to the Inventory Team Lead. This is a permanent, full-time position with training opportunities, competitive remuneration and benefits package. This is an opportunity to grow with an established, dynamic company in a great team environment.
As an integral member of our Resource Inventory Team, you will be responsible for contributing to the delivery of all aspects of forest inventory projects throughout BC and other regions.
The position includes work in both field and office environments with production expectations. The field activities involve field sample planning, establishment and reporting. The use of resource camps, off-road vehicles and helicopters is required for some field work. The office activities include project planning, data management and photo interpretation to appropriate jurisdictional and company standards. Morning, afternoon or evening office rotations may be required from time to time. Both work environments require compliance with our comprehensive occupational health and safety program. Successful applicants will be required to produce quality work on budget and on time, communicate effectively and work collaboratively with fellow staff and clients. The position will include mentoring, ongoing training and periodic travel.
We are seeking to fill inventory staff positions at the junior, intermediate and senior levels. Individuals with a current BC VRI air photo interpretation certificate will be given preference.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license (or equivalent) with a clean driving record
- Legally eligible to work in Canada
- The ability to view images in stereo / 3-dimensions and in colour is mandatory
- Proficient in computer use, with excellent oral and written communication skills
- A minimum of 1 years’ work experience in operational forestry
Other Desirable Skills:
- Graduated from a post-secondary natural resource program
- Familiarity with British Columbia’s Biogeoclimatic Ecosystem Classification (BEC)
- Registration with a professional association (e.g. ABCFP) is preferred but not required
- Experience with Python and SQL programming languages
- Experience with MS Office and ESRI ArcMap software
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with a highly competitive annual salary plus benefits including:
- Extended health and dental benefits
- LTD insurance
- Opportunity for advancement year on year
- Profit sharing opportunities
- Employee share options
- 2 weeks’ vacation to start (negotiable based on experience)
- Travel expenses
- Opportunities for growth
- Opportunities for paid training (role dependent)
- Seasonal parties including a Christmas party and summer BBQ’s
And that’s not all! Upon joining Ecora, you will be welcomed into a close-knit and cohesive organization that is akin to family. With a range of social events and a yearly golf tournament, there is something for everyone to enjoy!