Looking to live and work in the sunny Okanagan Valley at the most exciting and dynamic consulting firm in British Columbia? We currently have a challenging and exciting opportunity for an experienced Structural Engineer working out of our Penticton office. As a member of our Structural engineering Team, you will frequently work within a multi-discipline team to design efficient and reliable residential and commercial construction projects.
- Structural design of building components using a variety of materials including, but not limited to; steel, concrete, wood, masonry
- Participate in site reviews, respond to RFI’s, and supervise and manage ongoing projects and personnel
- Coordination with other engineering and architectural disciplines to facilitate projects
- Structural analysis of existing building components subject to revised loading conditions
- Technical guidance and mentoring of project team members including engineers and technical support staff
- Participate in business development and proposal preparations
- A Structural Engineering degree from a recognized university.
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant design experience within Canada.
- A Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) designation in British Columbia, or eligible to register as a P.Eng. in B.C.
- Excellent English language skills.
- A valid driver’s license.
Experience we are looking for:
- Well developed knowledge of structural engineering and ability to apply structural engineering techniques commonly used in residential and commercial construction
- Knowledge of Canadian CSA codes and standards including concrete, wood, steel, & masonry material types
- Create structural engineering designs and drafts using AutoCad, Revit, and other software tools including Etabs, Staad or an equivalent type of software.
- Understand how to work with set budgets and deadlines for structural engineering tasks.
- Supervision of drafters, designers, and field reviews.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively and clearly in oral and written formats on complex technical matters, both to technical and non-technical audiences.
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with a competitive annual salary plus benefits including:
- Extended health, dental, and vision benefits
- LTD insurance
- Profit sharing opportunities
- Reimbursement of applicable professional membership dues
- Employee share options
- Opportunities for paid training (role dependent)
Upon joining Ecora, you will be welcomed into a close-knit and cohesive organization with excellent company culture and a range of social events.
Ecora is an employee-owned engineering, environment and natural resource consulting firm with our head office located in Kelowna, BC. We have 8 offices in British Columbia and work with clients in 16 countries around the world. Ecora is built on the foundation of its core values of our people, our clients, our community and our environment. Our mission of changing the world at a local level, for future generations, guides every process of our business and the actions of our people in their daily lives.