How do you determine success? Whether your focus is on environmental, social, or economic returns, we develop sustainable plans and can help define what success looks like for your area of interest. Ecora’s resource analysis team delivers high quality analysis products across Canada and internationally, at scales ranging from Woodlots & Community Forests to landscape level assessments. Our team are experts in the use of a wide range of simulation and optimization models and have extensive experience in forest estate/stand level modeling and data analytics. We work closely with resource managers to leverage technology and the best available information to optimize resource management decisions while balancing environmental, social, and economic returns while meeting sustainability requirements. We deliver these services to a wide range of clients including large and small forest license holders, private landowners, governments, indigenous groups, and communities.
- Timber Supply Analysis (Developing sustainable forest management plans, Allowable Annual Cut).
- Non-Timber Values (Wildlife Habitat Modeling, Watershed Peak Flow Modelling)
- Risk Analysis (Wildfire, Insect Dynamics, Changing Forest Policy)
- Cumulative Effects (Modelling Energy Sector Impacts)
- Property Valuations
- Seral Stage Analysis
- Forest Carbon Accounting
- Strategic Planning
- Growth & Yield using BC specific models (TASS/TIPSY and VDYP); Forest Vegetation Simulator (FVS), Forest Projection and Planning System (FPS), and can develop our client specific models if desired.
- Landscape/Forest Estate Modelling using using commercial models, Patchworks and Remsoft’s Spatial Planning Suite (Spatial Woodstock, Allocation Optimizer) Modelling